Head of Xbox division, Phil Spencer wrote in a blog post today revealing some more specifications of the next generation Xbox console, the Xbox Series X.
Compared to the previous generation, Xbox Series X represents a superior balance of power and speed in console design, advancing on all technological fronts to delivering amazing, dynamic, living worlds and minimize any aspects that can take you out of the experience. Our job at Team Xbox is to give teams the tools they need to achieve their ambitions and tap into the console’s power with efficiency, a few of which we’re detailing today.
- AMD’s latest Zen 2 and RDNA 2 processor architecture
- 4 times more power than previous generation Xbox One console
- 12 Tera Flops of GPU performance – twice that of Xbox One X
- VRS – With Variable Rate Shading, game developers can prioritize individual effects on specific characters or game objects
- SSD storage
- Backward compatibility – Xbox Series X will be able to run previous generation games
- Xbox Series X is the fastest & most powerful Xbox ever